John Neumann - President
Brian Hennen - Vice President
Dan Dougherty – Treasurer
Shawn Johnson- Committee member
Neil Bowman - Committee member
The deadline for registration of your team is Thursday May 2nd, 2019.
We are enclosing a sign up form and encourage you to sign up your team prior to the deadline date. It will be most helpful if you send in the total amount due for your team. All players wanting to play in a Scramble on this day please be there at 4:30 to sign up. There will be a brief league meeting at 5:00 with the scramble starting around 5:20.
All league fees must be paid by May 9th, 2019. If you are not paid by the deadline your team will receive zero points until the fee is paid. We encourage you to bring a guest. Official league play will begin on May 9TH, 2019. No credit cards. You may pay with cash or check payable to Thursday Men's League. League schedules will be done between May 3rd and May 8th. Please call the course and your opponents to make tee times. If the course is still not open by May 9th, we will continue on with the schedule as is (like it is a rain out or weather related).
Food specials will happen periodically each month. Please watch for sign-up sheets for these special nights.
· The league dues will be $80/player which will include entry to 3 on course proximity prizes each week.
-If you want to play during this time and don't want to participate in league, a $40. fee will be charged. If you want to be a sub and participate in the low net, gross and proximity's and not be an official team, the charge is still $80.
· The course will be closed at 3:00 p.m. for Men's League. In order to play on this day you must be paid and signed up member of the 2019 Thursday Men's League.
· You do not have to be a member of the Moose Lake Golf Course to play in League. A weekly green fee will apply to all non-members.
· A Thursday Men's League handicap will be established. This handicap will be posted on a weekly basis based one Last year and current League Scores. If you don't have a previous league handicap we will use 80% of that nights score and other Thursday scores to calculate a handicap until one is established.
· League play will be rain or shine unless the course is determined to be unplayable by the pro shop, league committee and/or superintendent. Unplayable determinations will be made by 5:00 p.m... The scheduled does not allow for rainouts to be made up. Regular schedule will resume the following week.
· You may play your match prior to Thursday as long as both teams agree and both teams play on that date. All matches must be started before 6:00pm on the league night. In the event of a rainout the matches played prior to the regular week's play will not be counted.
· All disputes will be resolved by the league committee's majority rule.
· The league will consist of 16 weeks. The 1st half will run 8 weeks from May 9th to June 27th ( no league play and July 5th) and the 2nd half will run 8 weeks from July 11th to Aug 29th. Sept 5th will be the beginning of the playoffs for the league championship. That night there will be all teams playing for the league championship.
** September 12th will be the League banquet night **
· Two members of your team will score each week. You may have up to four players on your team to
have subs available.
· Teams with more than two players must designate which two are going to play in the match prior
· Player's handicaps shall be confirmed on the first tee prior to beginning play. You should make every effort to match the closest handicaps to each other.
· All play will be from the Blue tees
· We will allow players on a team not scoring that week to sub for another team. You cannot sub
for a team that is competing against your team. We feel it is better to play someone rather than getting free points. We will monitor the sub activity to make sure it is not abused.
· We will provide a predetermined schedule to 1 member of all teams that will show who you play
each week. This schedule will include a list of the teams, the members and phone numbers for each member.
· NEW this year, we will implement a shot gun start at 4:45 check in and a 5:00 horn. Matches will start right at 5pm. If someone is late they can still show up and go from the hole where the teams are at, only for hole by hole points, but they will automatically lose the total points for 3 and the hole points they didn't play.
· Remember if your team is still unable to attend, please make sure you are contacting the other team to let them know if a makeup date is available.
· If you are playing Thursday before the shot gun start, please try to be done before the shotgun start, and thus not slowing up play.
· Pace of play is very important. Please keep up with the teams in front of you.
· Scoring will be 1 point per hole and 3 points for the medal play winner for a total of 12 points
each per week, for a total team points of 24. Ties on a hole will be a ½ a point. Ties on medal play will be 1 ½ each player.
· If your team has 2 players and only 1 player from the opposing team's shows up and they do
not have a sub, the team with 2 players will be awarded 3 points; also the player who is awarded the 3 points will match cards for the other 9 points.
· If your team has 2 players and no players show up from the opposing team and they do not have
subs, the team with 2 players will be awarded all 6 points and match cards for the 18 remaining points. If both teams only have 1 member and no subs both teams will play for the available 12 points only.
· All matches must be played with the team you are scheduled to play on or prior to the league
night. Ex. Team 1 cannot post scores at 3:30 on league night and team 2 post scores at 5:30 on league night and cards be matched.
· Cards must turned in for all matches and signed with the correct points allotted for each player. It is each team's responsibility to make sure all scores are correct and the correct total points are neatly spaced on the card. The card must be signed by a member from each
team for verification.
· The payout schedule will be determined based on the number of teams. Payouts will be gift
certificates for pro shop merchandise only.
· To determine the teams that will play for the Gold Division championship, we will take the
top 8 teams with the accumulated total points for the entire league. The teams will be bracketed based on 1 through 8 seeding. Tiebreakers will be based on most team points during the current weeks. Ex. If team 1 has more points on the last league play date in each half than team 2 then team 1 is the winner. If
tied we will work back by week until we find a winner.
·The Remaining 16 or more teams will be bracketed up in to the Silver and Bronze divisions making playoff out for these teams also. The playoff brackets are the same as above and same
rules apply. The next 8 teams will be in the Silver Division and the remaining teams will be Bronze Division. They will both be playing for prize money also.
· Playoff rules are the same as league. The exceptions are ties after the nine holes. If matches totals are split 12-12 after nine holes then a sudden death playoff will commence on hole one. At this point you are now playing just match play (not medal). All handicaps are still involved and if still tied after hole one, sudden death will start over including scores on hole 2 and so on until one team wins the majority of the points.
All rules interpretations or questions will be resolved by the majority of the league committee.